Company: Hanex AG, Poznan
Technology: Microsoft Excel and VBA, Oracle
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Mar 2005 – Sep 2005
Cost: no details
Support in the creation of an MSI for the group management of the company HANEX. The basis for this application is an Oracle database. Using Hyperion Essbase, multidimensional data structures are generated and mapped in Excel. The goal was to create consolidated reports for the management from these multidimensional data structures using Microsoft Excel and VBA. The project was implemented using Microsoft Excel and VBA.
- Create a data warehouse with the data from different sources.
- Loading data into the data warehouse using ETL processes.
- Data mining of the long-term data stored in the data warehouse.
- Evaluation of this data warehouse data.
- Loading data from distributed and differently structured datasets.
- Separation of the data used for the operative business.
- Provision of the necessary infrastructure (Oracle, Excel, Essbase Add- In etc.).
- Access to the necessary provided data via Excel Add-In (Essbase).
- Filtering, sorting and refining the data using MS Excel (VBA, Array).
- The Excel reports are created using VBA.
- Creating the queries for data reference (SQL).
- Interface development from SAP to the data warehouse (LDAP, ABAP).