Folder filing system - Microsoft Access, VBA, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word Double function as project manager
Company: Adecco, Wallisellen
Technology: MS Access, VBA, MS Excel, MS Word.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Mar 2002 – Jun 2002
Cost: no details
Creation of an application for managing folders using Microsoft Access for the corporate management of the Adecco company. The folders, their contents, the storage location in the form of the shelf and the exact location on the shelf are catalogued. An interface for importing existing Excel files is implemented. The application is developed using Microsoft Access and VBA.
- Creation of a system to manage the physical business folders filing of the management of the company Adecco in Wallisellen.
- For each existing folder of the company, the content of the folder, the physical location, the documents contained, the time period of the documents and the search terms are stored of the documents as well as search terms.
- All data is stored in a Microsoft Access 2000 database.
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Application is used to develop the user interfaces for data management.
- The folder labels and the folder contents list are automatically created from the data entered.
- A fuzzy search according to the search criteria (Soundlike algorithm) is
- Various lists are created using Microsoft Access 2000 reports.
- Requirement engineering, data model using Dezign.
- Implementation of customer requirements using Microsoft Access 2000 and Microsoft Visual Basic for Application.
- Testing and documentation (user and technical).